Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Sunday Visit

Tomorrow morning our friends from Oxford, Lynn and Neal, are picking us up for a Sunday visit. I don't know what's on the agenda, but they're lots of fun, so I'm sure there'll be something blog-worthy and more exciting than today's agenda, which was pretty boring, consisting mostly of Internet researching, tea-making, and crumpet-toasting. A short while ago I switched to wine-sipping and Internet browsing. Things are looking up.

While Robin fought off the beginnings of a sore throat, I took a late afternoon walk into Uxbridge to ask the Mid-Eastern guy at the phone jail-breaking booth in the mall for advice on jail-breaking my new iPhone. Then I went to the Orange store (a phone carrier here) to ask about buying a micro sim card with a pay-as-you-go plan. It's all too boring and complicated to explain, but if I decide to attempt to jailbreak and unlock my phone, I'll update the results. Hopefully the worst that can happen is I jailbreak it but can't unlock it, then have to "restore" it to factory settings. Sounds fun.

Walking back to the flat after dark, I grab a shot of a man walking his dog. Our neighborhood of flats is just around the corner to the left, on the other side of the train overpass.